For class we were doing a project where we made a collage and then had to paint it.
This was a great way to let my subconscious play around with images. Here is the very start of collage painting I ended up with.
(note to people who want to try this...keep in mind you will have to paint every detail!)
Some nice grid and outline work (proportion is a weakness I am working on)
Well lets get to the rest shall we...
Here is it as it grows to become finished!
at the end is my idea of what this strange image means to me.
So I am pretty proud. some of the colors are a little off because they dry darker then when they are mixed. some of the proportions still didn't get corrected in time...and the leaves are unfinished.
In the end this class project was really really fun.
I learned a lot about my self too.
- The toilet just means that with good times there is still a little shit here and there you have to carry with you.
- The dog eating an ice cream cone floating on with the balloons statement "feel the love" is me trying to realize to let loose a little and to not be so serious all the time.
- the crow painting the dark scary woods is more of a self portrait. sometimes even the bird no one understand and feels is a pest might become something amazing.
- the girl in the crown being feed medicine, I feel like our world tries to raise our children by spoon feeding them what WE "think" they should become. she looks pretty unhappy to me. the royal life of what our society says our little girls need to be isn't what they always want to be.
- all the brick walls are my false attempt to pretend like i am protecting my self...when really i am way to open of a person.
LIFE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE WHAT EVERYONE SAYS IT HAS TO BE FOR YOU.
LIVE INDEPENDENTLY AND TAKE TIME TO FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
not everyone needs to live in the guidelines of society.