Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sewing Roots

I have done many things in my life...All kinds of art and wonderful crafting.
But the honest truth is that I LOVE SEWING!


Can't help it. Being able to touch and feel the creations. Finding old clothes you love and turning them into something new...a doll, a pillow, a bag, or even a new shirt!
So I have returned to my roots of sewing!

Okay it is pretty much like the old saying about getting on a bike...but at the same time,
I don't remember so much of how to do stuff. so I am kinda just going with the flow on this.

Here is my first doll ...so far:





So I think it turned out pretty cute...so far.
I made a few mistakes...I ended up sewing part of her white skirt inside...so i had to pull it out and it ripped a little.
I also stuffed it to tight and ripped a small hole in the arm. I should have known better than that.

ITS BEEN ALMOST 6 YEARS since I have sewn!

So learn from your mistakes...it will be a month before I am even going to try selling any.
only exceptions is close friends and family...becuase they will get something good and at the same time I can practice!

So now I have to decied how to do the hair and face.
I have no idea what to do for the hair...but i really want to use my painting skills on the face.

we shall see!

No comments: